Rice export deal with Indonesia to be finalised soon: trade secretary
- Air quality in Delhi today best in over a month: CPCB
- Zimbabweans celebrate Robert Mugabe’s imminent exit at mass rallies
- India’s Manushi Chhillar crowned Miss World 2017
- Farmers to participate in two-day protest in Delhi from Monday
- Gujarat elections: BJP issues second list, names candidates for Congress held seats
New Delhi: India, the world’s biggest rice exporter, will soon finalise a non-basmati rice exports contract with Indonesia in a rare government-to-government deal, trade secretary Rita Teaotia said on Monday, as rice prices started firming up following drought in key producing countries.
India could ask the state-run Food Corporation of India (FCI) to sell around 1 million tonnes rice from its stockpile to Indonesia, the world’s leading rice importer, industry officials said.
Rice prices in Asia are hovering around their highest levels in two years. Reuters