Defence ministry clears proposal to procure 7.40 lakh assault rifles
New Delhi: The defence ministry on Tuesday cleared a proposal to buy 7.40 lakh assault rifles at a cost of Rs12,280 crore for the three services, officials said.
The decision was taken at a meeting of Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) presided over by defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
The defence ministry will also procure light machine guns worth Rs1,819 crore, they said.
In other decisions, a proposal for purchase of 5,719 sniper rifles for the army at a cost of Rs982 crore was also approved.
- Coca-Cola India to launch fruit variants of Sprite, Limca
- CLP India eyes Essel Infraprojects’s power transmission business
- Shell may buy majority stake in solar power firm Fourth Partner Energy
- Mahindra-owned SsangYong slips back into losses in 2017
- India’s approach at global climate talks had undergone major change: Erik Solheim