Syrian activists: Over 7 killed in Raqqa air strike
Latest News »
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan will lead BJP in Madhya Pradesh polls: Amit Shah
- Sharad Yadav free to decide own course: Nitish Kumar
- West Bengal flood situation improves, death toll reaches 55
- Narendra Modi expresses anguish over Utkal Express derailment
- GST Council extends July payment and return filing deadline to 25 August
Beirut: Syrian activists say an airstrike in the contested de-facto capital of the Islamic State (IS) group has killed at least 7 civilians.
The activist collective Raqqa24 says seven people were killed on Saturday when coalition aircraft bombed al-Nour street in Raqqa, in northern Syria.
The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 13 civilians have been killed in coalition air raids over the past 24 hours. There was no immediate comment from the US-led coalition against the Islamic State group.
The US is providing battlefield support to the Kurdish- led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) trying to capture Raqqa from the Islamic State group. Since launching the battle one week ago, the SDF has penetrated two neighborhoods in the city, at its eastern and western fringes.