China bears responsibility for Liu Xiaobo’s death: Nobel committee
Chinese government bears a ‘heavy responsibility’ for the death of Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo, says Nobel Committee head Berit Reiss-Andersen
Latest News »
- Congress top brass discuss aftermath of Shankarsinh Vaghela exit as Gujarat polls loom
- Orissa HC notice to EC for early completion of inquiry against Naveen Patnaik
- Arvind Subramanian hints at writing about demonetisation in memoir
- Businesses get time till 16 August to opt for GST composition scheme
- Nitish Kumar is wasting time meeting Rahul Gandhi: Sushil Modi
Oslo (Norway): The Chinese government bears a heavy responsibility for the death of Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo, the leader of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, which awards the prize, said on Thursday.
“We find it deeply disturbing that Liu Xiaobo was not transferred to a facility where he could receive adequate medical treatment before he became terminally ill,” said Berit Reiss-Andersen.
More From Livemint »
“The Chinese government bears a heavy responsibility for his premature death,” she told Reuters in an emailed statement. Reuters