China bears responsibility for Liu Xiaobo’s death: Nobel committee
Oslo (Norway): The Chinese government bears a heavy responsibility for the death of Nobel Peace Prize laureate Liu Xiaobo, the leader of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, which awards the prize, said on Thursday.
“We find it deeply disturbing that Liu Xiaobo was not transferred to a facility where he could receive adequate medical treatment before he became terminally ill,” said Berit Reiss-Andersen.
“The Chinese government bears a heavy responsibility for his premature death,” she told Reuters in an emailed statement. Reuters
- SBI chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya says investors should pay up for inclusion efforts
- Google said close to buying HTC assets to bolster hardware
- Gender stereotypes are firmly rooted by age 10: global study
- Reliance Jio says it doesn’t stand to gain from IUC cut
- Pakistan raises objection with US over greater role for India in Afghanistan