10 feared dead at explosive factory fire near Trichy in Tamil Nadu
The casualties and number of those injured are likely to increase in a fire that broke out at an explosive manufacturing unit in Thuraiyur near Trichy
Latest News »
- RCF share sale gets oversubscribed by institutional buyers
- Farm loan waiver may dent state finances, risk slippage: Fitch
- USFDA’s off-patent drugs list may not offer much to Indian firms
- How GST impacts auto, real estate, retail, telecom and retail sector
- Sebi chief cautions mutual funds against letting debt funds bulge
Chennai: Fire broke out at an explosive manufacturing unit in Thuraiyur near Trichy, Tamil Nadu, on Thursday morning around 7am.
At least 10 are feared to be dead reported Tamil newspaper Dina Malar. As more than 50 employees resumed work in the factory on Thursday morning, a fire broke out leading to the collapse of a building in the manufacturing unit.
The casualties and number of those injured are likely to increase.
Around 10 ambulances and six fire service engines have been rushed to spot. Fire has engulfed the entire area, making it difficult for rescue operations. The reason for the fire accident is not known.