10 feared dead at explosive factory fire near Trichy in Tamil Nadu
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- 9 killed in fire at plastic factory in Delhi’s Bawana
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
Chennai: Fire broke out at an explosive manufacturing unit in Thuraiyur near Trichy, Tamil Nadu, on Thursday morning around 7am.
At least 10 are feared to be dead reported Tamil newspaper Dina Malar. As more than 50 employees resumed work in the factory on Thursday morning, a fire broke out leading to the collapse of a building in the manufacturing unit.
The casualties and number of those injured are likely to increase.
Around 10 ambulances and six fire service engines have been rushed to spot. Fire has engulfed the entire area, making it difficult for rescue operations. The reason for the fire accident is not known.