IIT JEE main 2016 results declared, nearly 2 lakh candidates clear exam
Latest News »
- Amid Donald Trump backlash, Nikki Haley says stand up, isolate hate
- RBI governor Urjit Patel calls for recapitalisation of PSU banks
- Infosys approves up to Rs13,000 crore buyback of shares at 24.57% premium
- India gold discounts widen as South Korea imports add to supply
- Govt will take over 449 schools only if they fail to return extra fees: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Nearly two lakh candidates cleared the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2016 for admission to IITs and other top engineering colleges, the results of which were declared by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday.
1,98,228 candidates cleared the examination which was held both online and offline in 132 cities earlier this month. (Results can be seen at - http://cbseresults.nic.in/jee/jee_2016.htm )
Nearly 12 lakh candidates had taken this exam of which 19,820 have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) online while 1,78,408 candidates have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) offline test.
According to details provided by CBSE, the cut off scores for JEE (Advanced) for General category students was 100, while that of OBC students was 70. The cut off for SC candidates was 52 and ST candidates 48, according to data released by CBSE.
Nearly 40,000 girls have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) test while the rest are boys, according to data released by CBSE.