IIT JEE main 2016 results declared, nearly 2 lakh candidates clear exam
- Kejriwal’s apology to Majithia a bid to reduce defamation burden: Amarinder Singh
- Theresa May warns of new Russia sanctions as 23 UK diplomats expelled
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
New Delhi: Nearly two lakh candidates cleared the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2016 for admission to IITs and other top engineering colleges, the results of which were declared by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday.
1,98,228 candidates cleared the examination which was held both online and offline in 132 cities earlier this month. (Results can be seen at - http://cbseresults.nic.in/jee/jee_2016.htm )
Nearly 12 lakh candidates had taken this exam of which 19,820 have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) online while 1,78,408 candidates have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) offline test.
According to details provided by CBSE, the cut off scores for JEE (Advanced) for General category students was 100, while that of OBC students was 70. The cut off for SC candidates was 52 and ST candidates 48, according to data released by CBSE.
Nearly 40,000 girls have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) test while the rest are boys, according to data released by CBSE.