IIT JEE main 2016 results declared, nearly 2 lakh candidates clear exam
- Zakir Naik to be chargesheeted by NIA this week for terror funding
- Nobel laureates lead new group to tackle world’s economic woes
- Rajasthan ordinance: Rahul Gandhi takes a swipe at Vasundhara Raje
- Maruti becomes No. 1 exporter of passenger vehicles from India
- Sharif brothers tried to assassinate me twice: Asif Ali Zardari
New Delhi: Nearly two lakh candidates cleared the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2016 for admission to IITs and other top engineering colleges, the results of which were declared by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Wednesday.
1,98,228 candidates cleared the examination which was held both online and offline in 132 cities earlier this month. (Results can be seen at - http://cbseresults.nic.in/jee/jee_2016.htm )
Nearly 12 lakh candidates had taken this exam of which 19,820 have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) online while 1,78,408 candidates have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) offline test.
According to details provided by CBSE, the cut off scores for JEE (Advanced) for General category students was 100, while that of OBC students was 70. The cut off for SC candidates was 52 and ST candidates 48, according to data released by CBSE.
Nearly 40,000 girls have qualified for the JEE (Advanced) test while the rest are boys, according to data released by CBSE.