Heavy rains lash parts of Uttar Pradesh, many rivers in spate
The Meteorological office has forecast rain/thundershower at a few places in eastern Uttar Pradesh tomorrow
Latest News »
- Reliance Jio’s reference of Trai’s IUC affidavit attempt to distort facts: COAI
- Indian firms can become leaders in advance analytics usage: McKinsey’s Jesko Perrey
- United Spirits Q1 profit grows 43.6% despite decline in revenue
- Salaries of NSE, BSE officials may be set as per Companies Act rules
- The privacy challenge and the power of legal dissent
Lucknow: Heavy rains lashed a few regions in Uttar Pradesh, while some rivers, including Ghaghra, Sharda and Rohin, were flowing above the danger mark at some places, officials said on Thursday.
The Sharda river was flowing above the danger mark in Pallia Kalan, while the Ghagra was flowing above the danger mark at Elgin Bridge.
More From Livemint »
The water level of the Rohin river was above the red mark at Trimohni Ghat in Mahrajganj, according to a Central Water Commission (CWC) report.
The MeT department said the monsoon was normal over Western UP and weak over the eastern part of the state.
Light to moderate rain/thundershower occurred at a few places. Mohroni recorded 7cm of rainfall, followed by Lalganj, Gazipur, Salempur and Azamgarh 3cm each.
The MeT office has forecast rain/thundershower at a few places in eastern Uttar Pradesh tomorrow.