Narendra Modi to travel to Philippines for India-Asean summit on 14 November
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be travelling to the Philippines on 12 November to attend the India-Asean and East Asia summits on 14 November, during which bilateral trade and investments as well as other key issues will be discussed.
This was announced by the external affairs ministry on Thursday. Preeti Saran, secretary (east) in the ministry, also said that during the India-Asean Summit, the two sides will review the bilateral trade and investments and discuss important regional issues as well.
Ministry officials also said the government is working on bilateral meetings between the prime minister and other leaders on the sidelines of these summits.
- Consolidation phase over, telecom firms set for growth war
- Start-ups have an unlikely competitor — municipal corporations
- Govt moves to protect medical records of terminally ill patients
- Strategic impatience essential for IT sector to realize full potential
- Higher MSPs could spur inflation in FY19: Nomura