2 militants killed in encounter with forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kulgam district
Srinagar: Two unidentified militants were killed in an encounter with security forces in Kulgam district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said on Monday.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation in Khudwani area of Kulgam district on Sunday following specific information about the presence of some militants there, a police official said. During searches, the militants opened fire at the security forces who retaliated, leading to a gunfight.
Two militants were killed in the encounter, he said adding their identity and group affiliation was being ascertained.
- Conduct official events in ‘national language’: Minister Harsh Vardhan
- Indian Army reserves right to retaliate, DGMO warns Pakistan
- CCI order in Reliance Jio case set aside by Bombay high court
- In defiance to US, Iran unveils new missile during parade
- Sebi imposes Rs9 lakh fine on ING Vysya Bank’s former official