Army recruitment: Govt approves online entrance exam, orders probe of paper leak
Latest News »
- Essar Oil minority shareholders to earn more on shares tendered during 2015 delisting
- Indian suicide bomber killed many fighters in Syria, claims IS
- With cyberattacks soaring, India races to regulate cryptocurrencies
- Donald Trump seeks India’s role in Afghanistan, warns Pakistan for terror support
- Supreme Court to rule on constitutional validity of triple talaq
New Delhi: The government has approved introduction of online entrance examination for recruitment of personnel for various ranks in the army, following an incident of paper leak.
Ahead of a common entrance examination for recruitment of other ranks in the army last month, a case of paper leak was reported under its recruiting zone of Pune.
In a written response to a question in the Lok Sabha, Subhash Bhamre, minister of state for defence said, the government has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the incident. He said, seven cases of paper leak have been reported during the last three years.
“Strict instructions have been issued to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and that any violations will be strictly dealt with. Further, the government has approved introduction of Online Entrance Examination for recruitment of other ranks in the army,” Bhamre said.