Army recruitment: Govt approves online entrance exam, orders probe of paper leak
- Netanyahu in India: ‘Israel, India both face threat from radical Islam’
- Delhi high court asks DGCA the number of passengers who flew from T-1 at IGI airport
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan opposes two different colours for passports
- Jaypee Infratech CFO Ram Bahadur Singh resigns
- Rahul Gandhi’s Uttar Pradesh visit marred by protests, route changed
New Delhi: The government has approved introduction of online entrance examination for recruitment of personnel for various ranks in the army, following an incident of paper leak.
Ahead of a common entrance examination for recruitment of other ranks in the army last month, a case of paper leak was reported under its recruiting zone of Pune.
In a written response to a question in the Lok Sabha, Subhash Bhamre, minister of state for defence said, the government has ordered a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe into the incident. He said, seven cases of paper leak have been reported during the last three years.
“Strict instructions have been issued to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and that any violations will be strictly dealt with. Further, the government has approved introduction of Online Entrance Examination for recruitment of other ranks in the army,” Bhamre said.