Warren Buffett says US market system to continue far into the future
- Padmaavat release: Rajasthan minister says Raje govt to approach Supreme Court
- 20 AAP MLAs have sought time to meet President Kovind: Manish Sisodia
- Donald Trump marks year one with US government shutdown drama
- Bawana factory fire: 17 feared dead, Delhi govt orders inquiry
- IMF, World Bank laud RBI for ‘strengthening’ supervision
Seattle: Billionaire Warren Buffett said the market system that has propelled US economic growth for more than two centuries will continue unabated, echoing his optimism about the country where he amassed a fortune.
“The build-up of wealth will be interrupted for short periods from time to time,” Buffett, 86, wrote in his annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway Inc. shareholders, which was posted online Saturday.
“It will not, however, be stopped. I’ll repeat what I’ve both said in the past and expect to say in future years: Babies born in America today are the luckiest crop in history.” Bloomberg