I urge my sisters and brothers of Gujarat to vote in record numbers on the 14th. I call upon the people of Gujarat to not only give the BJP an overwhelming majority but also ensure that BJP wins in every polling booth across the state.— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 12, 2017
Gujarat Elections 2017 LIVE: Campaigning for second phase ends, voting on 14 December
- 6.10 pm ISTUndercurrent against BJP in Gujarat; results will be ‘zabardast’, says Rahul Gandhi
- 5.34 pm ISTPM Modi urges people to give majority to BJP
- 5.17 ISTManinagar: Congress eyes key BJP bastion in Ahmedabad
- 5.08 pm ISTCampaigning for 2nd phase of Gujarat election ends
- 4.58 pm ISTSeaplane experience was unique, says PM Modi
- 4.56 pm ISTRahul Gandhi says Dalits feel insecure in Gujarat
- 4.27 pm ISTPM Modi pledges to harness waterways
- 4.01 pm ISTHardik Patel holds roadshow in Vadodara
- 3.49 pm ISTPM Modi arrives at Ahmedabad’s Sabarmati Riverfront in seaplane
- 3.36 pm ISTPM Modi is silent on corruption, Jay Shah, Rafale deal: Rahul Gandhi
- 2.05 pm ISTRahul Gandhi calls Modi’s seaplane development ‘distraction’
- 1.59 pm ISTWhat PM Modi said against Dr Manmohan Singh is not acceptable, says Rahul Gandhi
- 1.53 pm ISTExpected BJP to fight with more strength, says Rahul Gandhi
- 1.46 pm ISTPrayed for bright future of Gujarat: Rahul Gandhi on his visit to temple
- 1.40 pm ISTModi, Rupani have given only one-sided development: Rahul Gandhi
- 1.35 pm ISTRahul Gandhi addresses first press conference as Congress president
- 1.09 pm ISTPM Modi visits Ambaji Mandir, offers prayers
- 12.58 pm ISTModi is very good passenger: Seaplane pilot
- 12.40 pm ISTDragging Pakistan an ‘impious’ bid to win Guj polls: Shiv Sena
- 12.31 pm ISTPM Modi on his way to Ambaji Temple in Banaskantha
- 12.26 pm ISTSeaplane will be a big revolution in transport sector: Nitin Gadkari
- 12.17 pm ISTCongress mocks PM Modi, calls seaplane diversion from main issue
- 12.09 pm ISTModi to return Ahmedabad in seaplane
- 11.46 am ISTPrime Minister Narendra Modi travels from Dharoi Dam to Ambaji by road
- 11.31 am ISTPM Modi reaches Dharoi Dam via seaplane
- 11.21 am ISTYogi Adityanath visits Totana Ashram in Gujarat’s Banaskantha
- 11.12 am ISTSeaplane takes off from Sabarmati river with PM Modi onboard, to reach Dharoi Dam
- 10.34 am ISTCongress President Rahul Gandhi visits Jagannath Temple in Ahmedabad
- 10.05 am ISTPM Modi reaches Ahmedabad, holds meeting with BJP leaders
- 9.25 am ISTRahul Gandhi targets PM Modi on plight of Dalits
- 9.05 am ISTRahul Gandhi to address first press conference as Congress president
- 9.00 am ISTNarendra Modi to arrive in Ahmedabad at 9am
- Campaigning for the second phase of Gujarat elections 2017 ended today with both the BJP and Congress employing every tactic on the last day. BJP’s star campaigner Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the last day of campaigning for Gujarat elections aboard a seaplane en route to Ambaji Temple, while Congress president Rahul Gandhi addressed a press conference as chief of the oldest political party in India in Ahmedabad.The Gujarat elections, then, has entered the home stretch. Here are latest updates and developments from the last day of campaigning:
- 6.10 pm IST Undercurrent against BJP in Gujarat; results will be ‘zabardast’, says Rahul GandhiThere is “tremendous undercurrent” against the BJP in Gujarat, Congress president- elect Rahul Gandhi claimed today, and predicted a victory for his party in the assembly elections.“It is for the first time in an election that Modiji has not spoken about corruption...about farmers. There is (zabardast) tremendous undercurrent (against the BJP). Be it Patidars, OBCs, Dalits, farmers....all are angry. Public mood has undergone ‘zabardast’ change. “The Congress will win the election....the results will be ‘zabardast’,” a confident-looking Gandhi said. (PTI)Also read | Gujarat is missing its CM Narendra Modi
- 5.34 pm IST PM Modi urges people to give majority to BJP
- 5.17 IST Maninagar: Congress eyes key BJP bastion in AhmedabadAhmedabad’s Maninagar, a BJP bastion and constituency of Narendra Modi before he became PM, is set for an interesting contest between BJP’s sitting MLA Suresh Patel and Congress’s Shweta Brahmbhatt. Read more
- 5.08 pm IST Campaigning for 2nd phase of Gujarat election endsCampaigning for the second phase of Gujarat Election 2017 ends. Voting for the second phase is scheduled on 14 December. The second and final phase of elections will see 93 assembly seats spread across 14 districts in north and central Gujarat going to polls. The first phase of voting for the 182-member house, held on December 9, covered 89 seats. A total of 851 candidates are in the fray for the second phase, where 2.22 crore people are eligible to vote.
- 4.58 pm IST Seaplane experience was unique, says PM Modi
Earlier today, I travelled on a sea plane from Ahmedabad"s Sabarmati River to Dharoi Dam, taking off and landing on water. This experience was unique. It adds strength to our resolve to harness waterways for India"s progress. pic.twitter.com/mkosy9OteJ— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 12, 2017
- 4.56 pm IST Rahul Gandhi says Dalits feel insecure in GujaratCongress’s president-elect Rahul Gandhi today hit out at PM Modi over alleged atrocities on Dalits in Gujarat, insisting the community feels insecure in the state despite several laws for their protection. Gandhi wanted to know who will take responsibility for the Una incident where young Dalit men were flogged for skinning a dead cow. “Neither land, nor employment, no health and no education, Gujarat’s dalits received only insecurity. “Modiji is silent on Una’s tragic incident, but who will take the responsibility for it. A number of laws were made in the name of dalits, but who will execute them earnestly,” he said on Twitter.
हटेगा कुशासन का अँधेरा#गुजरात_में_नया_सवेरा— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) December 12, 2017
आरक्षण का मिलेगा पूरा फायदा
रिक्त पदों पर नौकरियों का है वायदा
भूमिहीनों को मिलेगी सरप्लस जमीन
बनेगा SC कमीशन, दिलाते हैं यकीन
बंद होंगे दलितों पर अत्याचार
आओ गुजरात में लाएं कांग्रेस सरकार#NavsarjanGujarat
- 4.27 pm IST PM Modi pledges to harness waterwaysPrime Minister Narendra Modi today pledged to develop and promote waterways across the country after taking the first seaplane travel in Gujarat today. “Effective use of waterways augurs well for tourism. Places like Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, our vibrant North East, places with many water bodies, big dams, waterways will benefit with usage of sea planes. More tourism also brings greater economic opportunities,” Modi said in a tweet.Also read | Gujarat elections: PM Modi takes development flight on last day of campaign
“Sea plane services can also be helpful during times of medical emergencies. Those needing even quicker access to medical care and those living in remote areas stand to gain a lot,” he added.
- 4.01 pm IST Hardik Patel holds roadshow in VadodaraPatidar leader Hardik Patel holds roadshow in Vadodara today. Patel took out a roadshow in Ahmedabad yesterday, despite police denying permission for it, and attacked PM Modi for linking the elections to Pakistan, which he said was a “lie”. He also criticised the BJP for talking about “Ram Mandir, Jammu and Kashmir, and Pakistan” during electioneering instead of the future of the local youth.The Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti (PAAS) convener also called upon people from different communities to come together to defeat the “arrogant BJP”. Earlier in the day, Hardik took out the 15-km-long roadshow from Bopal area of Ahmedabad. Hundreds of his supporters took out the rally on motorcycles and four-wheelers through the main city area, even as the police said they will take legal action against Patel for holding the roadshow without permission. (PTI)
- 3.36 pm IST PM Modi is silent on corruption, Jay Shah, Rafale deal: Rahul GandhiRahul Gandhi said the prime minister had refrained from speaking on corruption during the campaign in his home state. Modi, Gandhi added, had remained silent on allegations against BJP president Amit Shah’s son Jay Shah and the alleged irregularities in the Rafale fighter jet deal. “PM Modiji has not spoken a word about corruption. He is silent on Jay Shah and Rafale deal,” he said. (PTI)
- 2.05 pm IST Rahul Gandhi calls Modi’s seaplane development ‘distraction’
Modi ji agar #seaplane mein udna chahte hain toh kuch ghalat nahi, acchi baat hai lekin ye ek distraction hai, asli sawaal hai 22 saal mein janta ke liya kya kiya?: Rahul Gandhi pic.twitter.com/p6NjDE9CTl— ANI (@ANI) December 12, 2017
- 1.59 pm IST What PM Modi said against Dr Manmohan Singh is not acceptable, says Rahul GandhiRahul Gandhi in his press conference in Ahmedabad said that what Prime Minister Narendra Modi has said about former PM Dr Manmohan Singh is not acceptable. “I have made it clear I will not tolerate such things, Modi ji is after all the Prime Minister of India, though what all Modi ji said about Dr.Manmohan Singh is also not acceptable.”
- 1.53 pm IST Expected BJP to fight with more strength, says Rahul GandhiRahul Gandhi in his press conference said: “People of Gujarat are very intelligent, they can see that PM Modi is not talking about corruption or farmers in his rallies. I am actually little surprised, I had expected BJP to fight with more strength.”
- 1.46 pm IST Prayed for bright future of Gujarat: Rahul Gandhi on his visit to templeCongress president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday said he visited temples to pray for the bright future of Gujarat. “Whenever I went to a temple I just prayed for a ‘Sunehra Bhavishya’ for the people of Gujarat, a better development here. Is it wrong to go to a temple? Jahan mauka milta hai vahan mandir jaata hoon, Kedarnath bhi gaya tha, vo kya Gujarat mein hai? (Whenever i get opportunity i visit temple, had visited Kedarnath as well which is not in Gujarat),” Gandhi said.
- 1.40 pm IST Modi, Rupani have given only one-sided development: Rahul GandhiCongress president Rahul Gandhi has called Gujarat’s development one-sided in his maiden press conference as the party’s chief.“In last 22 years Modi Ji and Rupani ji have initiated only one-sided development here, the one only for 5-10 people. Not everyone has been given their rights,” he said in Ahmedabad.
- 1.35 pm IST Rahul Gandhi addresses first press conference as Congress presidentCongress president Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday addressing a press conference in Ahmedabad ahead of the second phase of Gujarat elections.
- 12.58 pm IST Modi is very good passenger: Seaplane pilotJohn Goulet, pilot of sea plane in which PM Modi flew, shares his experience: “It was a very pleasing experience. I gave him (Modi) safety briefing. He was a very good passenger. Sea planes are very common in many countries, it should be popular in India also as you have lakes, the rivers, the coastal areas.
- 12.40 pm IST Dragging Pakistan an ‘impious’ bid to win Guj polls: Shiv SenaLaunching a sharp attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the Shiv Sena on Tuesday said dragging Pakistan into Gujarat election campaign was an “impious” way of trying to win the polls. A prime minister is supposed to take action and not level allegations, the ally opined and took a swipe at Modi saying Gujarat has become even more important than Kashmir. (PTI)
- 12.26 pm IST Seaplane will be a big revolution in transport sector: Nitin GadkariUnion transport minister Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday called PM Modi’s use of the seaplane in Gujarat historic and said, “Today is a historic day as PM traveled in a seaplane. It will be a big revolution in the transport sector as India has huge potential. As per rules and regulations, PM can use any transport facility, it has nothing to do with the Gujarat elections .If Rahul Gandhi wants he can also use it,no politics in it.” (ANI)
- 12.09 pm IST Modi to return Ahmedabad in seaplaneAfter visiting the temple, he would return to Ahmedabad by the seaplane in the evening. Modi had yesterday said at a poll rally that today, for the first time in the history of the country, a seaplane will land on the Sabarmati river. “I will go to Ambaji in the seaplane after landing in Dharoi dam and come back,” he said. He said the BJP had planned a road show for today in Ahmedabad. “However, the administration has not given permission and I had time so I decided to go to Ambaji in the seaplane,” Modi had said. “We cannot have airports everywhere, so our government has planned to have these seaplanes,” he said. (PTI)
- 11.21 am IST Yogi Adityanath visits Totana Ashram in Gujarat’s BanaskanthaYogi Adityanath on Tuesday visited Totana Ashram in Gujarat’s Banaskantha district. The Uttar Pradesh chief minister didn’t miss the occasion to take a dig at the opposition. “Gujarat ki janta ne do kaam iss chunaav mein achhe se kara diye. Dr Manmohan Singh ji ka mooh khulwa diya, aur doosra Rahul Gandhi ko mandir jaana sikha diya.” (ANI)
- 11.12 am IST Seaplane takes off from Sabarmati river with PM Modi onboard, to reach Dharoi DamThe seaplane takes off from Sabarmati riverfront with Prime Minister Narendra Modi onboard, to reach Dharoi Dam. PM Modi will be the first passenger to fly in the seaplane from Sabarmati riverfront.
- 10.05 am IST PM Modi reaches Ahmedabad, holds meeting with BJP leadersPM Narendra Modi arrives in ‘Kamalam’, BJP office, in Ahmedabad, and currently holding meeting with BJP leaders, reports Tv9 Gujarati.
Tomorrow at 9:30 AM I will travel from Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad to Dharoi Dam via sea plane. After that will offer prayers to Maa Amba at Ambaji. With air, roads & rail connectivity, our Government is making efforts for harnessing waterways. All this is for 125 crore Indians!— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 11, 2017
- 9.25 am IST Rahul Gandhi targets PM Modi on plight of DalitsTaking forward his daily question campaign, Congress president Rahul Gandhi today targeted the PM Modi and the Gujarat government on the plight of Dalits in the state.
22 सालों का हिसाब#गुजरात_मांगे_जवाब— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) December 12, 2017
न जमीन, न रोजगार, न स्वास्थ्य, न शिक्षा
गुजरात के दलितों को मिली है बस असुरक्षा
ऊना की दर्दनाक घटना पर मोदीजी हैं मौन
इस घटना की जवाबदेही लेगा फिर कौन?
कानून तो बहुत बने दलितों के नाम
कौन देगा मगर इन्हे सही अंजाम?