Gujarat Elections 2017 dates soon, results on 18 December: Election Commission
New Delhi: The Election Commission (EC) on Thursday announced that Gujarat elections will be held before 18 December, while Himachal Pradesh elections will take place on 9 November. The counting of votes will take place on 18 December.
The model code of conduct gets implemented immediately in Gujarat and Himachal Pradesh as the election schedule has been announced and will be in effect till the process of election gets completed.
The model code of conduct deals with a guidance for general conduct of political parties during this duration to promote a level-playing field for polls.
In the 2012 Gujarat elections, the BJP won 115 out of 182 seats with a vote share of 47.85%, while the Congress won 61 seats with 38.93% share. The term of the current Gujarat assembly ends on 22 January 2018.
- India tightens gold import norms for export houses
- Bimal Gurung denies arms haul from GJM hideout
- Piramal Enterprises plans to raise about Rs7,000 crore via QIP, rights issue
- 3 killed, 2 wounded in US shooting in Maryland
- Himachal elections: BJP releases candidate list, Prem Kumar Dhumal to fight from Sujanpur