1% surplus rainfall since monsoon onset
- Delhi pollution: Air quality ‘very poor’ again, after two days of relief
- Govt raises Rs14,500 crore from Bharat 22 ETF, issue subscribed 4 times
- M&M to expand footprint in Rs1,000 crore e-rickshaw market
- Padmavati controversy: SC says no to plea to delete ‘objectionable scenes’ of movie
- North Korean women suffer discrimination, rape, malnutrition: UN
India has received 1% surplus rainfall since the monsoon season started in June, the India Meteorological Department said on Thursday.
While northwest, peninsular and central India have received surplus rainfall so far, east and northeast India is facing a rainfall deficit.
Heavy rainfall is expected in east and northeast India over the next few days, which may help cover the deficit.