1% surplus rainfall since monsoon onset
- Farm loan waiver: Maharashtra detects 1.5 million suspicious bank accounts
- BJP has successfully covered 75% of polling booths in 3 years: Amit Shah
- OPG Securities approaches SAT against NSE’s suspension notice
- RBI revises investment, trading rules for banks
- India needs robust cold chain supply system to increase farmers’ income, say experts
India has received 1% surplus rainfall since the monsoon season started in June, the India Meteorological Department said on Thursday.
While northwest, peninsular and central India have received surplus rainfall so far, east and northeast India is facing a rainfall deficit.
Heavy rainfall is expected in east and northeast India over the next few days, which may help cover the deficit.