Possible new Banksy graffiti, depicting Trump, surfaces on West Bank barrier
Bethelehem: Graffiti resembling the work of elusive artist Banksy and showing US President Donald Trump kissing an Israeli army watchtower has appeared on Israel’s West Bank separation barrier.
It wasn’t clear if the work seen on Friday in the city of Bethlehem was indeed done by Banksy.
In another work, Trump is depicted wearing a Jewish skullcap. A cartoon bubble next to him says: “I’m going to build you a brother.”
Israel built the barrier a decade ago, during an armed Palestinian uprising. Israel says the barrier is meant to stop Palestinian suicide bombers and gunmen from entering the country. Palestinians say the barrier, which slices off about 10% of the West Bank, is a land grab.
Banksy has made forays into the Palestinian territories in the past.
- Gujarat elections: Alpesh Thakor is much more than a clueless dynast
- Future Supply Chain trades 2% higher on stock market debut
- Gujarat elections: Moment of reckoning for deputy CM Nitin Patel
- Donald Trump indicates he’s not considering firing special counsel
- Gujarat elections: Vijay Rupani, the CM who came in from the cold