Sanitation: A year of action but what about outcomes?
- Kejriwal’s apology to Majithia a bid to reduce defamation burden: Amarinder Singh
- Theresa May warns of new Russia sanctions as 23 UK diplomats expelled
- Tech giants set to face 3% tax on revenue under new European Union plan
- Nirmala Sitharaman says no repeat of Doklam crisis
- Govt plans regulatory framework for social media, online content: Smriti Irani
2016-17 has seen a significant increase in the pace of activity under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). Expenditure has increased significantly, as has toilet construction. In 2016, 24% of India’s villages declared themselves open defecation free (ODF), including two states that joined Sikkim to being the first three ODF states in the country. But is this increased activity leading to change on the ground?