Sanitation: A year of action but what about outcomes?
- Ahead of Gujarat election results, BJP MP predicts dismal performance for party
- California’s wildfire now ranks as state’s third-largest
- As bitcoin, other currencies soar, regulators urge caution
- Metlife says it failed to pay some pensions, flags hit to reserves
- Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurates Eastern India’s first CNG stations
2016-17 has seen a significant increase in the pace of activity under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). Expenditure has increased significantly, as has toilet construction. In 2016, 24% of India’s villages declared themselves open defecation free (ODF), including two states that joined Sikkim to being the first three ODF states in the country. But is this increased activity leading to change on the ground?