Sanitation: A year of action but what about outcomes?
Latest News »
- Palaniswami, Panneerselvam express confidence on AIADMK merger
- US President’s arts council quits over Donald Trump’s Charlottesville remarks
- Bankruptcy code can help deepen bond markets: Sebi chief Ajay Tyagi
- Govt plans monthly fellowship of Rs70,000 for IIT, IISc researchers
- Carl Icahn quits White House role amid conflict of interest questions
2016-17 has seen a significant increase in the pace of activity under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). Expenditure has increased significantly, as has toilet construction. In 2016, 24% of India’s villages declared themselves open defecation free (ODF), including two states that joined Sikkim to being the first three ODF states in the country. But is this increased activity leading to change on the ground?