Sanitation: A year of action but what about outcomes?
- Worms could lead to new treatment for Alzheimer’s, other neurodegenerative diseases
- Telangana’s TJAC plans public meeting on ‘unemployment’ on 31 October
- Gold prices surge by Rs290 on Diwali demand
- TexMex Cuisine to invest Rs150 crore in restaurant chain Chili’s for expansion
- NCLT puts Nicco under liquidation process to meet creditors’ demands
2016-17 has seen a significant increase in the pace of activity under Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin). Expenditure has increased significantly, as has toilet construction. In 2016, 24% of India’s villages declared themselves open defecation free (ODF), including two states that joined Sikkim to being the first three ODF states in the country. But is this increased activity leading to change on the ground?