Ram Mandir will be constructed, says Union minister Mahesh Sharma
Union minister Mahesh Sharma says Ram Mandir will be constructed either by the court of law or consensus
Latest News »
- Unhealthy eating habits, obesity linked to Indian restaurants: research
- Punjab CM Amarinder Singh offers DSP post to cricketer Harmanpreet Kaur
- HomePod: The reason Apple needed a Siri movie featuring Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- Nagaland CM Zeliang expands Cabinet with induction of one more minister
- CRPF company commander thrashed by subordinates after jawan’s death
Kolkata: Union minister Mahesh Sharma on Monday claimed that the construction of the Ram Mandir is a feeling of millions of “Ram Bhakts” of this country and it will be constructed “either by the court of law or by consensus”.
The minister of state (independent charge) for tourism and culture was on Monday in the city to participate in a party programme commemorating the birth anniversary of Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee, the founder of the Jan Sangh.
More From Livemint »
“The stand is very clear. Millions of people of this country want their Ram Mandir to be constructed. But it will be done either by the act of court of law or by consensus,” Sharma told reporters here.
He also condemned the West Bengal government over the recent communal riots in Basirhat area of North 24 Parganas district.
“West Bengal is a land of some of the greatest thinkers and leaders India has ever produced. Bengal should have been the leading state of this country. But, unfortunately, even after 70 years of Independence, Bengal is lagging behind other states,” he said.
The incident in Basirhat should not have happened. The state should have taken stern action,” he added.