Ivanka Trump to visit India in support of women entrepreneurship
Washington: US President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka will lead the American delegation at the Global Entrepreneurship Summit in India, starting from 28 November.
“Ivanka Trump will lead the US delegation to India this fall, supporting women’s entrepreneurship globally,” Trump said in a tweeted on Thursday, hours after Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the announcement on the micro blogging site.
India and the United States will co-host the summit in Hyderabad from 28 to 30 November, Modi said.
“Look forward to Ms Ivanka Trump’s presence at Global Entrepreneurship Summit 2017 Hyderabad as the leader of US delegation,” he wrote in the tweet.
“Honoured to lead the US delegation to #GES2017 in India & meet with Prime Minister Modi & passionate entrepreneurs from around the globe!” Ivanka, said in a tweet yesterday.
She also a posted a picture of her shaking hand with the prime minister. A decision in this connection was taken when Modi and Trump held their first meeting at the White House in June.
Ivanka, 35, is also the advisor to the US president. In her tenure, she has emerged as a strong advocate of women and child issues. PTI
- Speeding up plans to cut emissions may save 153 million lives, says study
- Can hashgraph unseat blockchain as the favoured tech for cryptocurrencies?
- FDA-like agency needed for agriculture: commerce ministry
- Raju Shetti offers support to Congress over farmers’ issues
- Pharma firms under scanner for selling drugs without safety trials