Economic Advisory Council brainstorms over Modicare
New Delhi: The Economic Advisory Council to Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday discussed ways of implementing the national health protection scheme (NHPS) proposed in the 2018-19 union budget by finance minister Arun Jaitley.
The Council, led by chairman Bibek Debroy, discussed possible modalities of implementing the scheme, according to an official statement. The federal policy think tank NITI Aayog, of which Debroy is a member, is working out the finer point of the scheme in consultation with central ministries and states.
The scheme seeks to give health cover of up to Rs5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization to over 100 million poor and vulnerable families with approximately 500 million beneficiaries. Finance minister Arun Jaitley, who announced the scheme in his 2018-19 budget speech had assured that adequate funds will be provided for smooth implementation of the scheme.
- India congratulates China on its election as vice-president of FATF
- MWC 2018: Samsung Galaxy S9 is not fixing what already works well, but packs better cameras
- MWC 2018: Nokia looks at the past and the future, and tries to perfect both
- Worker rights in India:when actions fail words
- Do companies walk the talk on investing in communities?