New Delhi: Amid reports of Maoists planning to obstruct train movement during the two-day bandh call given by them later this week, railways on Monday said it was taking the situation seriously and has kept ‘crack teams´ on standby.
Maoists had called for a 48-hour ‘Bharat Bandh´ from 7 July to protest against the killing of their senior politburo member Cherukuri Rajkumar alias Azad at Adilabad in Andhra Pradesh by the police last week.
According to railway spokesperson, pilot trains will run during the day time also in Naxal-affected areas and all trains will run in bunches.
Currently trains operations in five states - West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, Orissa and Chhattisgarh - are affected due to threat from Maoists.
Sources said the ‘crack teams´ would comprise security personnel and senior railway officials who would take on-the-spot decisions in case of an eventuality.
Taking the fresh threat into account, RPF will also issue specific advisory to all the zones to take necessary precautions.
The spokesperson said if necessary, train services will be regulated at certain places but the speed restriction of 65 km per hour will remain in force.
The suspension of night operation in Kharagpur Division will continue till 9 July.
In the worst-ever train accident caused by Maoists, 148 passengers were killed and several others injured on 28 May in the Naxal-infested west Midnapore district in West Bengal.