How the 33 smart city plans exclude than include
- UBI gets Sebi approval for Rs1,000 crore equity issue via QIP
- Gold, silver recover on renewed demand in Mumbai
- Gujarat elections 2017: 1,703 candidates file nominations for 1st phase
- Government forms task force to review income tax laws
- Dharmadhikari panel: Air India pilots guild accepts common pay structure
The government is pitching the Smart Cities Mission as a quick, all-round uplift of Indian cities. But a data analysis of the 33 city proposals approved shows that, for now at least, such development under the mission will end up being the preserve of a chosen locality, not that of the entire city.