How the 33 smart city plans exclude than include
- India congratulates China on its election as vice-president of FATF
- MWC 2018: Samsung Galaxy S9 is not fixing what already works well, but packs better cameras
- MWC 2018: Nokia looks at the past and the future, and tries to perfect both
- Worker rights in India:when actions fail words
- Do companies walk the talk on investing in communities?
The government is pitching the Smart Cities Mission as a quick, all-round uplift of Indian cities. But a data analysis of the 33 city proposals approved shows that, for now at least, such development under the mission will end up being the preserve of a chosen locality, not that of the entire city.