How the 33 smart city plans exclude than include
- Divisive forces ruining India’s reputation globally: Rahul Gandhi
- NCLAT allows waiver plea of Cyrus Mistry firms
- Bank of Japan keeps monetary spigot open, new board member dissents
- Mumbai airport resumes main runway operations as rains ease
- Short-range nuclear weapons to counter India’s cold start doctrine: Pakistan PM
The government is pitching the Smart Cities Mission as a quick, all-round uplift of Indian cities. But a data analysis of the 33 city proposals approved shows that, for now at least, such development under the mission will end up being the preserve of a chosen locality, not that of the entire city.