Railway stations to be revamped to smart stations: Suresh Prabhu
Habibganj station in Bhopal will be the first station to be re-developed following which eight more will be selected
Latest News »
- Infosys chairman R.Seshasayee to retire next year, wants smooth transition
- Pakistan’s BAT team carried ‘special daggers’, cameras to record terror attack
- Ordinance likely to amend SEZ Act for alignment with GST next week
- Five London tower blocks evacuated over fire safety concerns after Grenfell blaze
- China developed world’s most powerful submarine detector: report
New Delhi: The railway station revamp plan under which 400 stations would get a facelift will now seek to develop them into smart stations that would offer passengers better amenities than airports.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said at an event on Wednesday that Habibganj station in Bhopal will be the first station to be re-developed following which eight more will be selected.
The minister said the government’s initiative of developing 100 smart cities would be leveraged by the railway ministry to develop smart railway stations that would give passengers a great experience.