Railway stations to be revamped to smart stations: Suresh Prabhu
- Gold prices soften on muted demand, silver steady
- Gujarat elections: CM Vijay Rupani says results show people’s faith in agenda of development
- GSTN brings in option for monthly, quarterly filing of forms
- Gujarat election results: BJP continues to draw urban votes, rural seats go to Congress
- Bill to extend proxy voting to overseas Indians in Lok Sabha
New Delhi: The railway station revamp plan under which 400 stations would get a facelift will now seek to develop them into smart stations that would offer passengers better amenities than airports.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said at an event on Wednesday that Habibganj station in Bhopal will be the first station to be re-developed following which eight more will be selected.
The minister said the government’s initiative of developing 100 smart cities would be leveraged by the railway ministry to develop smart railway stations that would give passengers a great experience.