Railway stations to be revamped to smart stations: Suresh Prabhu
- Blockchain startups in India shift to overseas markets to raise ICOs
- Sony India appoints Sunil Nayyar as managing director
- IITs should be among top hundred global institutions: Satya Pal Singh
- SC dismisses plea challenging Nitish Kumar’s membership to Bihar legislative council
- Kodak and Sanyo 55-inch TVs: affordable 4K TV face-off
New Delhi: The railway station revamp plan under which 400 stations would get a facelift will now seek to develop them into smart stations that would offer passengers better amenities than airports.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said at an event on Wednesday that Habibganj station in Bhopal will be the first station to be re-developed following which eight more will be selected.
The minister said the government’s initiative of developing 100 smart cities would be leveraged by the railway ministry to develop smart railway stations that would give passengers a great experience.