Two SBI female bank staff foil robbery bid in Gurugram, 2 held
The Gurugram police say two female employees of SBI foiled a robbery bid by two armed men after overpowering them in Badshahpur branch in Gurugram
Latest News »
- Donald Trump calls Narendra Modi ‘true friend’ as US, India approach talks
- Narendra Modi arrives in Washington: Trump administration readies the red carpet
- Cyberattack hits UK Parliament, limiting access to MPs’ emails
- Narendra Modi will convey Indian IT firms’ role in US to Trump: Vishal Sikka
- Gujarat Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela hits out at party leadership
Gurugram: Two female bank employees on Monday foiled a robbery bid by two armed persons after overpowering them in Badshahpur branch of SBI in Gurugram, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday around 1pm when two persons with firearms entered State Bank of India’s branch and locked it from inside, PRO of Gurgaon Police, ACP Manish Sehgal said.
The duo tried to take both the women employees hostage on gun point but they fought back and snatched the pistol from one of the miscreants, he said. The two women then raised alarm and with the help of locals, who rushed inside the bank branch, nabbed the two accused, Sehgal said, adding the accused were thrashed before being handed over to police.
“We will definitely give these women employees reward for their bravery and courage by which they have set an example for other people to fight back such criminals. “We will reward them within couple of days soon,” Gurgaon Police commissioner Sandeep Khirwar said