Two SBI female bank staff foil robbery bid in Gurugram, 2 held
Latest News »
- Day before Nandyal bypoll, TDP and YSR Congress file complaints against each other
- RBI hikes foreign investment limit in Eris Lifesciences to 49%
- Retiring L&T executive chairman A.M. Naik to get Rs32.21crore leave encashment
- Pakistan stocks enter bear market after political turmoil
- In his last L&T AGM, A.M. Naik says firm’s focus to remain on defence, infra sectors
Gurugram: Two female bank employees on Monday foiled a robbery bid by two armed persons after overpowering them in Badshahpur branch of SBI in Gurugram, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place on Monday around 1pm when two persons with firearms entered State Bank of India’s branch and locked it from inside, PRO of Gurgaon Police, ACP Manish Sehgal said.
The duo tried to take both the women employees hostage on gun point but they fought back and snatched the pistol from one of the miscreants, he said. The two women then raised alarm and with the help of locals, who rushed inside the bank branch, nabbed the two accused, Sehgal said, adding the accused were thrashed before being handed over to police.
“We will definitely give these women employees reward for their bravery and courage by which they have set an example for other people to fight back such criminals. “We will reward them within couple of days soon,” Gurgaon Police commissioner Sandeep Khirwar said