Egypt military conducts air strikes in area of Sinai mosque attack
Cairo: Egypt’s military has begun conducting air strikes around the area of North Sinai where a deadly mosque attack that killed more than 230 occurred on Friday, security sources and eyewitnesses said.
The strikes have been concentrated in several mountainous areas surrounding Al Rawdah mosque where militants are believed to be hiding out, the security sources said.
Egypt’s presidency has declared three days of mourning following the mosque attack, state television reported, as President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi met his security ministers to follow developments.Reuters
- A year of hits and misses for Indian hockey
- India’s current account deficit widens to 1.2% of GDP in July-September
- Narendra Modi calls bad loans to banks by UPA regime a big scam
- Pawan Hans: Employees’ union evince interest in disinvestment
- Indian inflation spike hits bonds, spurs rate policy and fiscal worries