Pentagon: No information to corroborate Islamic State chief’s death
Beirut: The United States has no information to corroborate reports that Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was dead, a Pentagon spokesman said on Tuesday.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said earlier on Tuesday that it had “confirmed information” that Baghdadi had been killed. Reuters could not independently verify Baghdadi’s death. Reuters
- Centre plans ‘halfway homes’ to help rehabilitate the mentally ill
- HUL: Rural growth yet to recover from demonetisation, farm crisis
- Militancy growing in Jammu and Kashmir as terrorist influx continues, warn officials
- Emmanuel Macron lays out vision of a Europe fit for globalized world
- British engineer James Dyson to build electric car by 2020