Government plans 24x7 virtual fence along India-Pakistan border
New Delhi: The government is planning to install a 24X7 seamless virtual fence with sensors along the India-Pakistan border to curb infiltration bid by the neighbouring nation, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
“A pilot project for deployment of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management Solution (CIBMS) which includes different types of sensors, radars, day and night vision cameras etc, has been taken up,” minister of state for home affairs Kiren Rijiju said.
The minister said the pilot project has been undertaken in two stretches of five to six kms each in Jammu sector, adding that if found successful, similar projects will be taken up in other states along the Indo-Pakistan border.
Latest News »
- Carl Icahn quits White House role amid conflict of interest questions
- Sebi board may take up listing of ARC securities at next meeting
- Solar eclipse turning day into night to send temperatures tumbling
- Novel approach to track HIV infection found
- Kaziranga National Park devastated by monsoon floods, over 225 animals dead