Government plans 24x7 virtual fence along India-Pakistan border
New Delhi: The government is planning to install a 24X7 seamless virtual fence with sensors along the India-Pakistan border to curb infiltration bid by the neighbouring nation, the Lok Sabha was informed on Tuesday.
“A pilot project for deployment of Comprehensive Integrated Border Management Solution (CIBMS) which includes different types of sensors, radars, day and night vision cameras etc, has been taken up,” minister of state for home affairs Kiren Rijiju said.
The minister said the pilot project has been undertaken in two stretches of five to six kms each in Jammu sector, adding that if found successful, similar projects will be taken up in other states along the Indo-Pakistan border.
- How the humble cauliflower triggered a farmer’s wrath
- M.B. Patil: The man who led the Lingayat movement
- Rally by railway job aspirants in Mumbai assumes political colour
- India lodges fresh protest with Pakistan on ‘harassment’
- Energy efficiency, green concerns key to India’s development goals: R.K. Singh