Survivor of Kansas bar shooting released from hospital
Latest News »
- Indian Oil to invest Rs52,000 crore on Paradip refinery
- No one wins in the Infosys saga
- Floods kill 69 people in Uttar Pradesh, over 20 lakh hit in 24 districts
- Govt extends BHIM cash back scheme for merchants till March
- Post demonetisation, Kashmir separatists, Maoists feel ‘fund-starved’: Arun Jaitley
Kansas City, Kan.: A Kansas man who survived an apparently racially motivated shooting at a suburban Kansas City bar has been released from the hospital.
Ian Grillot was one of three men shot 22 February at Austins Bar & Grill in Olathe, Kansas. One of the men, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, was killed. Kuchibhotla’s friend, Alok Madasani, was wounded.
The University of Kansas Health System said in a statement on Thursday that Grillot was released from the hospital on Tuesday. A bullet hit Grillot in the hand and entered his chest when he tried to stop the suspected gunman, 51-year-old Adam Puriton, of Olathe. Puriton is charged with murder and attempted murder.
Witnesses say Puriton shouted racial slurs before shooting Kuchibhotla and Madasani, natives of India who were engineers at GPS-maker Garmin.