Survivor of Kansas bar shooting released from hospital
- Piramal Enterprises plans to raise about Rs7,000 crore via QIP, rights issue
- 3 killed, 2 wounded in US shooting in Maryland
- Himachal elections: BJP releases candidate list, Prem Kumar Dhumal to fight from Sujanpur
- Yogi Adityanath defends Ayodhya festival, says no politics involved
- Maharashtra: BJP, Congress claim win in Phase 2 of gram panchayat elections
Kansas City, Kan.: A Kansas man who survived an apparently racially motivated shooting at a suburban Kansas City bar has been released from the hospital.
Ian Grillot was one of three men shot 22 February at Austins Bar & Grill in Olathe, Kansas. One of the men, Srinivas Kuchibhotla, was killed. Kuchibhotla’s friend, Alok Madasani, was wounded.
The University of Kansas Health System said in a statement on Thursday that Grillot was released from the hospital on Tuesday. A bullet hit Grillot in the hand and entered his chest when he tried to stop the suspected gunman, 51-year-old Adam Puriton, of Olathe. Puriton is charged with murder and attempted murder.
Witnesses say Puriton shouted racial slurs before shooting Kuchibhotla and Madasani, natives of India who were engineers at GPS-maker Garmin.