CBI team goes to JNU to probe Najeeb Ahmed’s disappearance
- EU will respond if US imposes tariffs on European steel, says Germany
- Maldives parliament extends emergency for 30 days
- I-T dept raids 20 premises linked to Mehul Choksi, Gitanjali Gems
- Arun Jaitley on PNB fraud: Govt will chase down those who cheat the banking system
- PNB Housing Finance plans to raise $400 million via masala bonds
New Delhi: A Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) team on Monday visited Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) to probe the mysterious disappearance of Najeeb Ahmed, a student who had gone missing from his hostel on 16 October 2016.
The team is looking into allegations of a scuffle between Ahmed and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) students in JNU’s Mahi-Mandvi hostel and the circumstances that may have led to it as well as other events that preceded his disappearance.
It is likely to meet the suspects and people whose names have cropped up in the matter, people familiar with the matter said.
Najeeb’s mother Fatima Nafees recently met CBI officers who are investigating the case.