EU will respond if US imposes tariffs on European steel, says Germany
Berlin: The European Union will respond “appropriately” if the US President Donald Trump’s administration decides to impose tariffs on European steel imports, the German economy ministry said on Tuesday.
“We must first wait and see whether and what action the US President will take,” an economy ministry spokeswoman said.
“If US restrictions on our European steel companies actually materialize, the EU will respond appropriately,” she said, adding Berlin was in close contact with the European Commission. Reuters
- How the humble cauliflower triggered a farmer’s wrath
- M.B. Patil: The man who led the Lingayat movement
- Rally by railway job aspirants in Mumbai assumes political colour
- India lodges fresh protest with Pakistan on ‘harassment’
- Energy efficiency, green concerns key to India’s development goals: R.K. Singh