New Delhi: “Focusing on tier-II and tier-III cities by helping develop people skills and local infrastrucutre, was the focus of the discussions that a high powered CII delegation had with chief minister, Tamil Nadu, Dr KM Karunanidhi.
A high level CII team led by Mr Sunil Bharti Mittal, President, CII & Founder, Chairman & Group CEO, Bharti Enteprises called on Dr Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu in the Secretariat today. Accompanying him were Mr R Seshasayee, Immediate Past President, CII and Mr Sakthikanta Das, IAS, Industry Secretary, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
Agenda points taken up by the delegation
* Inclusive and sustainable growth for Tamil Nadu
* Set up a Skill Development Board for Tamil Nadu State
* Promote and develop ITIs specifically in Tamil Nadu.
* Aggressively promote skill development initiatives for the state.
* Mr L K Tripathy, IAS, Chief Secretary, Government of Tamil Nadu informed about the recently approved sum of Rs25 crores towards skill development and on various public-private initiatives that focused on faculty training and curriculum development.
* In the process of developing a 20-year vision for the state that showcases entrepreneurial spirit, cultural and heritage of Tamil Nadu.
* Promoting Tamil culture would be part of the agenda.
* Consolidate Chennai’s position as a hub for manufacturing.
* Mr S Das IAS, Industries Secretary added that in less than a year, 11 major investments involving over Rs11,000 crores had flowed into the state.