India has the largest offline population: World Bank report
Latest News »
- Minamata Convention comes into force, India yet to ratify it
- Carlyle Group merges growth, buyout verticals in India
- Sony asked to move ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ to late night slot, issue disclaimer
- Roposo to target sellers of food, travel and beauty services for expansion
- Continuity and change: Corporate history in independent India
Despite being the second largest exporter of information and communication technology goods, India has the largest offline population in the world, according to the World Bank’s World Development report of 2016 titled Digital Dividends. It highlights the challenges that the government faces in providing Internet access to all Indians at a reasonable cost.