India has the largest offline population: World Bank report
- Speeding up plans to cut emissions may save 153 million lives, says study
- Can hashgraph unseat blockchain as the favoured tech for cryptocurrencies?
- FDA-like agency needed for agriculture: commerce ministry
- Raju Shetti offers support to Congress over farmers’ issues
- Pharma firms under scanner for selling drugs without safety trials
Despite being the second largest exporter of information and communication technology goods, India has the largest offline population in the world, according to the World Bank’s World Development report of 2016 titled Digital Dividends. It highlights the challenges that the government faces in providing Internet access to all Indians at a reasonable cost.