DMK chief Karunanidhi admitted to hospital in Chennai, stable
- Venezuela gives Russia’s Rosneft gas field concessions
- RIL, HDFC Bank contribute over one-third of Sensex’s market cap gain in 2017
- Himachal, Gujarat election results tomorrow a test for Modi, Rahul
- Much ado about ‘bail-in’ and FRDI Bill
- Himachal, Gujarat election results may power Sensex, Nifty to record highs
Chennai: The Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) chief M. Karunanidhi was admitted in a private hospital in Chennai on Thursday morning “for optimization of nutrition and hydration”.
The 92-year-old leader has been suffering from allergies for a month.
A statement from the Kauvery Hospital where Karunanidhi is hospitalized said, “DMK chief and former chief minster of Tamil Nadu Dr Kalaignar Karunanidhi has been admitted for optimization of nutrition and hydration at Kauvery hospital, Alwarpet, Chennai.”
“He is stable and being treated by a team of doctors and will be in hospital for few days,” it said.