BJP misusing govt machinery for Rajasthan bypolls: Ashok Gehlot
Bikaner: Congress leader Ashok Gehlot on Saturday accused the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government in Rajasthan of “misusing” government machinery ahead of the 29 January bypolls in the state.
“The government is misusing government machinery in bypolls in the state. Officers are being forced by the government,” Gehlot told reporters in Bikaner. He alleged that the Raje government had “stalled” all the public welfare schemes and programmes and were “misleading” people.
Fifty-five candidates are in the fray for the bypolls to Alwar and Ajmer Lok Sabha seats and Mandalgarh assembly constituency. Gehlot was in the city to pay condolence to former chairman of Khadi board Bhawani Shankar Sharma who died some time back.
- What the Disney-Fox deal means for Bollywood’s future
- Billionaire Sanjeev Gupta looks to make electric cars in Australia
- Australian Open: Kerber and Keys set up quarter-final as Tomas Berdych fires up
- DP World, India’s NIF to invest up to $3 billion in transport, logistics
- Deals Buzz: Tata Group plans to merge 5 PE units into single $1 billion fund