Uttar Pradesh ATS arrests 3 terror suspects in major operation
- ‘The Shape of Water’ leads Oscar nominations with 13 nods
- Uber to be profitable within 3 years: CEO Dara Khosrowshahi
- WEF Davos 2018: Barclays CEO Jes Staley warns against 2006 like complacency
- Narendra Modi’s Davos speech reason of pride for Indians: Amit Shah
- PM Narendra Modi meets Canada PM Justin Trudeau at WEF Davos 2018
Lucknow: In a major operation carried out jointly with police teams of five states, the Uttar Pradesh Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) on Thursday arrested three suspected terrorists.
Following joint operations carried out early this morning in Mumbai, Jalandhar, Narkatiaganj (Bihar), Bijnor and Muzaffarnagar, three persons were arrested on charges of hatching terror conspiracies, a UP ATS spokesman said in Lucknow.
The arrests have been made in Mumbai, Jalandhar in Punjab and Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh, the spokesman said. Six others were being interrogated, he said. The joint operation was carried out by Special Cell Delhi Police, Intelligence Cell Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra ATS, Punjab Police, Bihar Police and UP ATS.