×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Digvijay releases records of Karkare call, wants Patil’s apology

Digvijay releases records of Karkare call, wants Patil’s apology
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, Jan 05 2011. 12 40 AM IST
Updated: Wed, Jan 05 2011. 12 40 AM IST
New Delhi: Stung by criticism from his own party as well as the opposition, Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday produced call records of his conversation with Hemant Karkare, the Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) chief who was killed during the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai in November 2008.
Producing records of the phone conversation he had with Karkare on the day of the terror strike, Singh also sought an apology from Maharashtra home minister R R Patil,who had earlier denied Singh’s claims in the state assembly.
In a letter addressed to Patil, the senior Congress leader has said, ”I am deeply hurt by the comments made by you (Patil) as well as the Maharashtra police and I request you to either apologise to me in public or express regret.”
Singh provided a letter from BSNL’s Bhopal office regarding the call made between ATS Maharashtra’s official landline number and Singh’s mobile phone on Novermber 26, 2008 at 5:44pm.
”I expect that all those people who called me a liar, all those people who called me a traitor, all those people who questioned my integrity, dedication and credibility, should at least apologise to me,” Singh said in a press conference.
Reacting to his statement, the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party said Singh’s claims seemed contradictory to what the home minister of Maharashtra has claimed on the floor of the House.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Wed, Jan 05 2011. 12 40 AM IST