Amit Shah invites Bihar CM Nitish Kumar to join NDA
- Deals Buzz: Noble Group to sell oil liquid business to Vitol for $580 million
- Govt likely to achieve fiscal deficit of 3.2% in FY18: SBI Research
- Rakesh Asthana named CBI special director
- Neymar deserves protection, says PSG coach after red card against Marseille
- Rex Tillerson warns global companies against some Iran investments
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah has invited Bihar chief minister and Janata Dal (United) president Nitish Kumar to join the ruling NDA, following the latter’s alliance with the saffron party in the state to form a new government.
“I met JD(U) president Nitish Kumar at my residence yesterday. I invited JD(U) to join the NDA,” Shah said in a tweet today.
कल JD(U) के राष्ट्रीय अध्यक्ष श्री @NitishKumar जी से अपने निवास पर भेंट हुई। मैंने उन्हें JD(U) को NDA में शामिल होने के लिए आमंत्रित किया।— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) August 12, 2017
The Bihar-based party is expected to endorse a proposal to join the the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in its national executive meeting in Patna on 19 August, after which it is likely to join the Narendra Modi cabinet.
Asked if the party would join the Modi cabinet, a JD(U) leader said such a decision would be “natural”. “When we are together in government in Bihar, it is only natural that our party joins the Union government,” he said.