Humsafar Express flagged off from Gorakhpur
Latest News »
- Isro to launch back-up navigation satellite on 31 August
- Union cabinet clears transfer of AAI’s 40 acre land to MMRDA for Mumbai Metro
- D-Mart shares up 230% from issue price, market cap swells to Rs61,731.32 crore
- Fiat Chrysler planning spin-offs of Maserati, Alfa Romeo brands
- Vishal Wanchoo appointed CEO of GE South Asia
New Delhi: The Humsafar Express with a surging fare system was flagged off on Friday from Gorakhpur in eastern Uttar Pradesh through video conferencing from the national capital.
Railway minister Suresh Prabhu said that at the time of budget the government had decided to launch four new trains—Humsafar, Antyodaya, UDAY and Tejas. “Among these, first Humsafar Express is launched today catering to Uttar Pradesh,” he said, adding, “Similarly Gatimaan Express, Mahamana Express were also first launched in UP.”
ALSO READ: Humsafar Express to be launched today
“This Humsafar train has latest technologies like Vinyl wrapping, high quality curtains, passenger information system which will enhance the user experience of travelling in this train,” Prabhu said.
The weekly Humsafar service also has safety features like fire and smoke detection system and most of its parts are made of fire-resistant materials. He assured installation of escalators at all the major railways stations on priority basis. He said more Humsafar trains will be launched soon.