EC gives nod for draft notification on Western Ghats
- World Toilet Day: Narendra Modi says committed to improving sanitation facilities
- Delhi government issues 117-point checklist to schools on student safety
- UIDAI says 210 government websites made public Aadhaar details
- Anti-hijacking law: Civil aviation ministry may delegate some powers to home ministry
- Banks allowed to hire machines, staffers for Aadhaar enrolment
New Delhi: The Election Commission (EC) on Monday gave its permission to the Centre to issue a draft notification on the Western Ghats report by the panel headed by Planning Commission member K. Kasturirangan.
However, the EC said that the final notification could be issued only after the general election, which starts on 7 April. The counting of the votes is scheduled for 16 May.
The main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had opposed the decision of the environment ministry to come out with draft notification and had approached the EC.