×
Home Companies Industry Politics Money Opinion LoungeMultimedia Science Education Sports TechnologyConsumerSpecialsMint on Sunday
×

Ex-CAG official says 2G loss figure was lower

Ex-CAG official says 2G loss figure was lower
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Mon, Nov 14 2011. 03 38 PM IST

File photo of former Telecom Minister Andimuthu Raja being produced at Patiala House court in New Delhi in connection with the 2G scam. Padeep Gaur/Mint
File photo of former Telecom Minister Andimuthu Raja being produced at Patiala House court in New Delhi in connection with the 2G scam. Padeep Gaur/Mint
Updated: Mon, Nov 14 2011. 03 38 PM IST
File photo of former Telecom Minister Andimuthu Raja being produced at Patiala House court in New Delhi in connection with the 2G scam. Padeep Gaur/Mint
A former Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) official told a parliamentary panel that his assessment of the loss to the exchequer from alleged wrondoing in the allocation of second-generation (2G) telecom licences was less than what appeared in the final report by the watchdog agency.
Former director general, audit, R.P. Singh, told the joint parliamentary committee that his assessment had been Rs2,645 crore, against the figure of Rs1.76 trillion crore mentioned in the CAG report.
According to a person familiar with the development, Singh said he had cited the lower figure on 31 May, 2010, but was asked to sign a report that contained the higher figure on 19 July in line with orders from CAG headquarters.
Comptroller and auditor general Vinod Rai had also been expected to meet the panel but his appearance has been postponed.
Singh’s submission came amid reports of divisions within the audit agency over the 2G report.
Comment E-mail Print Share
First Published: Mon, Nov 14 2011. 03 38 PM IST
More Topics: 2G Scam | 2G News | CAG Report | R P Singh | Vinod Rai |