LeT militant from Pakistan killed in Kashmir encounter
Srinagar: A Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) militant from Pakistan was on Monday killed in an encounter with security forces in Pulwama district of Kashmir.
The militant identified as Umar was part of the Abu Ismail group of Kashmir, which was behind the 10 July attack on Amarnath pilgrims that left eight devotees dead and several others injured, a police official said.
The official said that security forces launched a cordon and search operation in village Samboora late on Sunday night, following information about the presence of militants there. The search party of forces was fired upon by militants, triggering a gunbattle, the official said. One militant was killed in the encounter, he said.
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level
- Army has to remain prepared to counter Doklam-like situation: Bipin Rawat
- Put mandatory Aadhaar linking with bank accounts on hold: Bank union AIBOC
- India beat Pakistan 4-0 to enter Asia Cup final