NGT caps number of devotees visiting Vaishno Devi shrine each day to 50,000
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday capped the number of devotees that will be allowed to visit Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir at 50,000 a day.
NGT said that once the limit for the day is reached, pilgrims will be stopped at Ardhkuwari or Katra town.
The green court also said that a new path to Vaishno Devi exclusively for pedestrians and battery-operated cars will be opened from 24 November,
- Narendra Modi to inaugurate fourth container terminal of JNPT tomorrow
- Canadian PM Justin Trudeau begins week-long India visit
- PMO working on resolving PNB fraud, will try to extradite Nirav Modi: MoS finance
- Tibet’s most sacred Buddhist temple catches fire
- PM Modi should explain why PNB scam happened: Rahul Gandhi