NGT caps number of devotees visiting Vaishno Devi shrine each day to 50,000
New Delhi: The National Green Tribunal (NGT) on Monday capped the number of devotees that will be allowed to visit Vaishno Devi shrine in Jammu and Kashmir at 50,000 a day.
NGT said that once the limit for the day is reached, pilgrims will be stopped at Ardhkuwari or Katra town.
The green court also said that a new path to Vaishno Devi exclusively for pedestrians and battery-operated cars will be opened from 24 November,
- Indian bankruptcies get a dose of karma, Uncle Sam style
- Cabinet says no permit needed for bamboo grown in non-forest areas
- Gold prices dip on profit-taking amid Fed inflation concerns
- Uber’s messy data breach collides with launch of SoftBank deal
- Deals Buzz: Tiger Global plans to exit Ola after partially exiting Flipkart