J&K: Army foils infiltration bid along LoC in Kupwara, 2 militants killed
Srinagar: Two militants were killed on Saturday as the Indian Army foiled an infiltration bid along the line of control (LoC) in Machhil sector of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, defence officials said in Srinagar.
“An infiltration bid has been foiled in Machhil sector and two terrorists have been killed,” defence spokesman Col. Rajesh Kalia said.
He said troops noticed suspicious movement along the LoC and challenged the intruders, leading to a gunfight in which the two militants were killed. Weapons have been recovered from the slain militants, the spokesman said.
- ICICI Bank, Prudential said to weigh sale of 6% stake in ICICI Prudential Life
- Donald Trump’s speech to UN General Assembly: What the global media is saying
- Cabinet approves merger of 17 govt presses into 5 units
- Reliance Industries plans major expansion at its Jamnagar oil refinery complex
- Gold prices rebound on festive demand