Kashmir: Two militants killed in Handwara encounter, say police
Srinagar: Two unidentified militants were gunned down on Monday by the security forces in a brief encounter in the Handwara area of Kupwara district in north Kashmir, police said.
Militants opened firing at a police check post at Sultanpora in the Zachaldara area of Handwara, 100km from the capital, a police official said.
The policemen retaliated, killing two militants, he added.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain militants is being ascertained, the official said.
- Light pollution rises on a global scale
- Zimbabwe judge says military action against Robert Mugabe was legal
- PM Modi to inaugurate Hyderabad Metro Rail on 28 Nov, ticket prices to be notified soon
- Mars liquid water hopes drying up as ‘flowing streams’ may be sand
- Gold prices stay weak on global cues, muted demand