Kashmir: Two militants killed in Handwara encounter, say police
Srinagar: Two unidentified militants were gunned down on Monday by the security forces in a brief encounter in the Handwara area of Kupwara district in north Kashmir, police said.
Militants opened firing at a police check post at Sultanpora in the Zachaldara area of Handwara, 100km from the capital, a police official said.
The policemen retaliated, killing two militants, he added.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain militants is being ascertained, the official said.
- The confusion over rural electrification in India
- One year on, it’s finally all about the ‘software’, Chandra
- N. Chandrasekaran set to focus on new businesses in smart mobility, cities
- N. Chandrasekaran completes one year as Tata Sons chairman, stabilizes group
- Banks vulnerable to hackers without online interface between CBS, SWIFT