Govt approves setting up 100 AYUSH hospitals: Shripad Yesso Naik
Latest News »
- China’s new blockbuster ‘Wolf Warrior 2’ should worry Hollywood
- Kim Jong Un orders production of more rocket engines, warhead tips: KCNA
- Market Live: Sensex, Nifty jump in opening trade, DLF shares rise 3%
- Mutual funds mark down investments in Uber by up to 15%: report
- Uber to launch final phase of UPI-based payment facility today
Thanjavur: The Centre has approved proposals for setting up of 100 Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) hospitals across the country, minister of state for AYUSH Shripad Yesso Naik has said.
The minister said during the last three years the Union government had approved posting of 4000 AYUSH doctors in primary health centres across the country. “The salary is being paid by the Union government,” he told reporters in Thanjavur Monday night.
He also said an AYUSH hospital equivalent to AIIMS would be opened within a month at New Delhi.
The ministry has approved setting up of two 50-bed integrated AYUSH hospitals at Theni and Tiruvannamalai districts in Tamil Nadu, he said. A total of Rs283.6 lakh has been released out of sanctioned amount of Rs563 crore for conservation and development for medicinal plants across Tamil Nadu, the minister added.