Donald Trump says ‘big mistake’ to sell off stocks amid strong economy
Washington: US President Donald Trump has some advice for investors: they’re making a “big mistake” by selling off stocks amid good economic news.
“In the ‘old days’, when good news was reported, the Stock Market would go up. Today, when good news is reported, the Stock Market goes down,” Trump said on Twitter. “Big mistake, and we have so much good (great) news about the economy!”
The US stock market remained fragile on Wednesday, with shares fluctuating and volatility measures double levels from last week as investors come to grips with strong economic growth that may accelerate the removal of monetary stimulus.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 Index both rose on Wednesday after opening slightly lower, following the previous session’s late surge. Bloomberg
- Huawei unveils world’s first 5G commercial modem
- RBI’s monetary policy committee’s next move likely to be rate hike: Morgan Stanley
- Rahul Gandhi targets PM Modi on PNB fraud, questions chowkidar’s silence
- MWC 2018: LG V30S ThinQ is a new AI phone, but also more of the same
- PNB fraud: ED to trace foreign assets of Nirav Modi, Mehul Choksi