Promote use of BHIM app, PM Modi urges youth
- Subramanian Swamy to court: Rs414 crore fine imposed by I-T dept on firm in Herald case
- Congress asks PM Modi to address Haryana rape incidents in ‘Mann Ki Baat’
- UP govt mulls withdrawing Muzaffarnagar riots cases against BJP leaders
- ONGC to buy government stake in HPCL for Rs36,915 crore
- AIADMK to write to EC to disqualify Puducherry MLAs holding ‘office of profit’
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday urged Indians to become brand ambassadors of digital transaction to help end the menace of corruption.
In the Mann Ki Baat radio programme, Modi said that people should teach at least 125 people about BHIM app and how to make transactions using it.
“People are moving towards digital currency. Digital transactions are rising. I am delighted to learn that till now, under Lucky Grahak and Digi-Dhan Yojana, 10 lakh people have been rewarded. I urge my countrymen, especially youth of our country and those who have won prizes, to become ambassadors of these schemes,” said Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his monthly radio programme Mann Ki Baat.
“This scheme will complete its 100 days on 14th April, the birth anniversary of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar. I appeal to the people that each of us should teach at least 125 persons about downloading BHIM App and procedure of making transactions through it,” Modi added.
The prime minister also congratulated the farmers for a record production of more than 270 million tonnes food grains.
“Farmers of the country responded to the appeals of the poor and apart from other crops, farmers have increased the production of pulses. They heard the voice of poor because pulses are the easiest form of protein available to the poor. Farmers grew different pulses on at least 290 lakh hectares of land,” Modi said.