CBSE Class X results announced, 96.2% pass
Latest News »
- Tata Motors to take ‘concerted decision’ on Nano, says N. Chandrasekaran
- Gross loan portfolio for MFIs rises 8% to Rs35,045 crore in June quarter: report
- Druva raises $80 million from investors led by Riverwood Capital
- US targets China, Russia entities, individuals for North Korea support
- Blue Whale challenge: Facebook, Google, Delhi govt served show cause notice
A whopping 168,541 students across the country—85,316 boys and 83,225 girls—scored a perfect 10 CGPA (cumulative grade point average) score in the CBSE Class X board exam results announced on Saturday. Students can check their results at cbseresults.nic.in . Last year a total of 94,474 students scored a perfect 10 CGPA, of them 49,392 were boys and 45,082 girls.
With a pass percentage of 96.36%, girls outperformed boys. Boys registered a pass percentage of 96.11%. Overall the pass percentage this year is 96.21%, down from 97.32% in the previous year.
Area-wise, Thiruvanathpuram was ahead of other regions with a pass percentage of 99.87%, followed by Chennai, which had a pass percentage of 99.69%. A total of 14,91,293 candidates were registered for Class X examination, an increase of about 8.5% over last year.
Category-wise, the central-government-run Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas have scored a pass percentage of 98.87%, followed by the Kendriya Vidyalayas, which have a pass percentage of 98.85%. Independent schools have a pass percentage of 97.72%, while government schools recorded 86.61%.
According to data shared by CBSE, 85.62% of students at government-aided schools cleared the exam.