India’s infrastructure output growth accelerated to 2.4% in July
New Delhi: India’s annual infrastructure output growth accelerated to 2.4% in July, driven up mainly by higher electricity and steel production, government data showed on Thursday.
The output grew a revised 0.8% year-on-year in June.
For April-July, the annual output growth was 2.5%, data showed.
Electricity production grew 5.4% in July from a year ago, faster than a 2.2% rise in June. Steel output in July was 9.2% on year compared with a 5.8% growth a month ago. Reuters
- PNB fraud: ICAI obtains statement from senior bank official
- Andhra Pradesh govt signs 77 MoUs worth Rs31,546 crore at Partnership Summit
- Kia Motors to roll out first car from Anantapur plant by 2019
- Govt revokes passports of Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi
- Warren Buffett warns investors that safe-looking bonds can be risky