Indian’s home trashed with dog poop, hate messages in US
- Why Samir Singh could not stop running
- Embassy, Taurus Investment Holdings to invest $140 mn to develop Kerala SEZ
- RBI eases foreign investment regulations for corporate debt
- NCERT launches revised student-teacher ICT curricula
- HC asks Delhi, neighbouring states to implement ban on burning of crop residue
New York: The home of an Indian in the US has been smeared with dog poop, eggs and hate messages, prompting the FBI to investigate the case as a possible hate crime. The incident occurred in Colorado’s Peyton town.
Hateful messages were sprawled all over the home with most of them being racial slurs aimed at the Indian homeowner who did not wish to be named, denver.cbslocal.com reported.
“About 10% of the messages were racial slur on us, ‘You brown or Indian shouldn’t be here’ something like that,” he said, adding that it was frightening.
The FBI is investigating a possible hate crime in the Southern Colorado incident that took place on 6 February, the report said.
“We saw more than 50 papers stuck everywhere on our door, window, car— they smeared dog poop everywhere and they had thrown at least like 40 eggs on our walls on our ceilings, everywhere outside,” the man said.
He said his neighbours came together and completely cleaned up the house for him. Authorities believed it was the work of a group of people because of the all the damage.