Indian’s home trashed with dog poop, hate messages in US
- Sun Pharma recalls 2 lots of diabetes drug in US over microbial contamination
- Narendra Modi govt to step beyond renewable goal with China-scale tenders
- IAF trainer aircraft crashes near Siddipet in Telangana, woman pilot safe
- Islamabad protest turns violent as police fire tear gas to break up sit-in
- Donald Trump says he turned down Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
New York: The home of an Indian in the US has been smeared with dog poop, eggs and hate messages, prompting the FBI to investigate the case as a possible hate crime. The incident occurred in Colorado’s Peyton town.
Hateful messages were sprawled all over the home with most of them being racial slurs aimed at the Indian homeowner who did not wish to be named, denver.cbslocal.com reported.
“About 10% of the messages were racial slur on us, ‘You brown or Indian shouldn’t be here’ something like that,” he said, adding that it was frightening.
The FBI is investigating a possible hate crime in the Southern Colorado incident that took place on 6 February, the report said.
“We saw more than 50 papers stuck everywhere on our door, window, car— they smeared dog poop everywhere and they had thrown at least like 40 eggs on our walls on our ceilings, everywhere outside,” the man said.
He said his neighbours came together and completely cleaned up the house for him. Authorities believed it was the work of a group of people because of the all the damage.