Supreme Court and gender justice
- Why the Fox deal may resurrect Disney’s film business in India
- Govt approves Rs2,600 crore package for leather industry
- We want to participate in India’s growth story: David Kohler
- Winter crops sowing done in 80% of crop area
- Bankers meet Jaitley, seek tax breaks for haircuts taken during NPA resolution
The Supreme Court has, from time to time, helped in securing the rights of women when personal laws didn’t.
What the court will rule in the case on the validity of triple talaq will also be significant.
Here’s a look at gender-positive rulings by the Supreme Court over the years: