Supreme Court and gender justice
A look at gender-positive rulings by the Supreme Court over the years
Latest News »
- All-new BMW 5 Series launched in India, prices start at Rs49.9 lakh
- RBI to remain open on 1 July to facilitate NEFT, RTGS transactions
- Rs10 lakh reward for information on missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed
- GST impact on liquor: Prices may go up marginally as input costs rise
- Amazon Prime Day comes to India, 12 other countries on 10 July
The Supreme Court has, from time to time, helped in securing the rights of women when personal laws didn’t.
What the court will rule in the case on the validity of triple talaq will also be significant.
Here’s a look at gender-positive rulings by the Supreme Court over the years: