Supreme Court and gender justice
- Hardik Patel’s key aides join BJP ahead of Gujarat assembly elections
- Opec says ‘all options are open’ as compliance at record level
- Army has to remain prepared to counter Doklam-like situation: Bipin Rawat
- Put mandatory Aadhaar linking with bank accounts on hold: Bank union AIBOC
- India beat Pakistan 4-0 to enter Asia Cup final
The Supreme Court has, from time to time, helped in securing the rights of women when personal laws didn’t.
What the court will rule in the case on the validity of triple talaq will also be significant.
Here’s a look at gender-positive rulings by the Supreme Court over the years: